Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Loathe: If yuu cann read thys...

There is one thing -- one thing??? lol -- that I can't stand, and that is people who spell incorrectly on purpose.

Samuel Johnson is spinning in his grave, no doubt. It is mostly teenagers and pre-teenagers that do this horrific atrocity against the English language. There is one thing to bastardize the English language by using words like "kewl" -- a word my mother used in the late-1990s which made me shutter then, and continues to send shivers down my spine -- but this completly rocks that boat. No...it not only rocks the boat, but it sinks it, sending the English language to a watery grave.

Now, there are words like "yuu," which means 'you' (obviously). I could understand if the words were really long, but with words like you, there shouldn't be any mistake. From what I gather, these words are spelled incorrectly because it is some form of abbreviation. An ABBREVIATION???? For a three-letter word? Abbreviations are meant for words like kilometer (km), water (H20), and NOT for "you."

Y-O-U ... becomes ... Y-U-U...becomes ... :-(
When I was younger and idealistic and optimistic, I thought of becoming a teacher. But then, I entered high school and saw that the majority of my teachers were mindless robots who went through the motions in order to receive a paycheck. Anyway, those feelings of being a teacher are slowly coming back, just so I could slap children's wrists with a ruler if they ever even suggested at misspelling words to sound "cool." It's not cool. It's stupid and it's ignorant.

Children of today, you have a brain: Uuse Use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment